|skip down to April-May||skip down to June-September||skip down to October-December|
January 18, 2018
* Meals, Music and Christmas Magic; Carleton Tavern Dinner 2017. - by - Hintonburg Economic Development Committee.
* How Well Do We Regard Our Past?; Taking Stock of Our Built Heritage. - by - A. Marsha. ll, A. Phillips and A. Polywkan, Built Heritage Researchers, City of Ottawa.
* Wellington Village Community Association; Logo Design Contest. - by - staff.
* Trustee’s Report; OCSB School News. - by - Jeremy Wittet, OCSB Trustee Kitchissippi/Bay.
* Provincial Report; OC150 Award. - by - Yasir Naqvi MPP, Ottawa Centre.
* Federal Report; Summer Jobs Program 2018. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP, Ottawa-Centre.
* Councillor’s Corner; City news. - by - Jeff Leiper, Councillor, Kitchissippi Ward.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Winter Readiness. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* Science Moment; Supermoon for January 31 viewing. - by - T. Hairbach.
* Compelling Theatre, Close to Home; Bear and Company. - by - Allyson Domanski.
* From Mechanical Engineer to Spiritual Engineer; St. Stephen’s Welcomes New Minister. - by - Charles Singh.
* Huddling Through Winter; January Has Doldrums, Too. - by - Anna Borris.
February 15, 2018
* Being a Mystery Bird in Ottawa; Area authority identifies mystery hawk. - by - Tim Thibeault. * OCSB Trustee's Report; Catholic School News. - by - Jeremy Wittet, OCSB Trustee, Zone 7. * Federal Report; Constituency Youth Council. - by - Catherine McKenna MP Ottawa Centre. * Photo Inset: Cooper’s Hawk in Hintonburg; Mystery bird de-mystified. - by - Viki Holan (Photo). * Councillor’s Corner; Current Events in Ward 15. - by - Jeff Leiper, City Councillor Kitchissippi Ward. * Ploughing Through Winter; Volunteer trailblazers on SJAM. - by - T. Thibeault. * Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Safety on the Ice. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* A City That Fosters Innovation?; Long-term strategy needed for Libraries. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. * IODE Annual Home Tour; Westboro Homes on the Tour. - by - Elanor Brodie. * Photo Inset: Ottawa West Golden Knights Prevail; Major Midget “B” team proves consistent winners. - by - Steven Chase (Photo). * Kitchissippi Nights; “Some of us are looking at the stars.” - by - staff (Sky chart courtesy of M. Narwa). * Letters to Newswest; Rochester Park Decision Deferred. - by - Gary Ludington. * Back Yard Artistry; Life is short. Art is long. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Photo Inset: Triple the Arts at First Unitarian; Next Arts Night is on Friday February 23rd. - by - Paula Theetge (Graphic Image). * (Online-only) Ten Tips For Managing Stress; Celebrate Heart Month by living healthier, happier. - by - P.S.A. from the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
March 15, 2018
* Look Up. Look Wa-a-ay Up!; A week to watch the sky. - by - Mark Narwa. * An Introduction to Birds and Birding; (including Cooper’s Hawks). - by - Robert Alvo, Conservation Biologist. * The End of Door to Door Sales?; New legislation fights high pressure sales tactics. - by - Security Committee, Hintonburg Community Association. * Rosemount Library Renovation; Faulty Assessment Leads to Wrong Decision. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. * Rooming Houses vs Private Home; When does a “Home” become a “Bunkhouse”? - by - HCA Security Committee. * Councillor’s Corner; City News. - by - Jeff Leiper, Kitchissippi Ward Councillor. * Federal Report; Everything you need to know for the 2018 Tax Season. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP Ottawa Centre. * OCSB Trustee’s Report; New support for outdoor learning. - by - Jeremy Wittet, OCSB Trustee, Zone 7. * Why Westboro?; Rezoning Rochester Park. - by - Gary Ludington, Westboro Community Association. * Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Springtime challenges. - by - Dawn Neilly, OPS. * Happy Birthday Judy; Party dresses and bow ties. - by - Anna Borris. * Photo Inset: Quicker than Boiling an Egg; 2 weeks of short skywatching. - by - Mark Narwa (Sky Charts). (Added Chart)
April 12, 2018
* Big Tree Culling; Cut now, pay later?. - by - Chris Jones.
* Rock, rock and more rock; Explosive construction ahead. - by - Cheryl Parrott.
* Connecting to Nature; A personal journey for anyone... - by - Robert Alvo, M.Sc., Conservation Biologis.
* Councillor’s Corner; News from City Hall. - by - Jeff Leiper, Kitchissippi Ward Councillor.
* Rumour has it... - by - staff.
* A West End Garden Legacy; Sherry Clarke’s enduring work. - by - Deb Chapman.
* Rosemount Library’s Future?; A book depot during renovations. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. Group.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Rules of the road apply to all. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly, O.P.S.
* Letters to Newswest; Community design plan needed. - by - Bob Huson.
* Photo Inset: Hintonburg & Wellington Village; Spring Cleanup on April 28.. - by - staff.
* Look Out Sun Here We Come!; A close-up look at Earth’s brightest star . - by - Mark Narwa.
* Semi Formal Glamour; Clothes make the teenager. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Different Ways To Celebrate Astronomy Day; On April 21/22. - by - Mark Narwa.
* (Online-only) Hintonburg Community Sustainability Plan; a community consultation on April 24 and 25. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Impact Hours; a new volunteer website. - by - Christine Franklin.
April 26, 2018
* Cymbeline in Summer; Theatre magic in our parks (July 4 to August 5). - by - Eleanor Crowder.
* Great News for Hampton-Iona; TD Parks grant inspires new projects (June 2-16, and beyond). - by - Eileen Hun.
* Rosemount Library Gets a Band Aid; Added space is what’s needed. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. (Added Pic)
* Wellington Village AGM; 7:00 p.m. May 15, Ottawa Bagel Shop. - by - Kimberly Patriquin, Pres., WVCA. (Added text)
* Parkdale Park takeover.; Jane’s Walk launches (with a party) on May 3. - by - Courtney Symons. (Added Text and Pics)
* Little Kids in a Big World; Adventures in distant neighbourhoods. - by - Anna Borris.
* Change is Growth; A note from Newswest’s editor. - by - Tim Thibeault, email@example.com .
* (Online-only) 6th Annual Borshch Cook-Off on Byron Avenue; Ukrainian Orthodox Church cooks for orphans (on May 6). - by - Olena Stetskevych.
* (Online-only) How High Can You Go?; Developer aspirations soar to new heights. - by - Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg resident.
* (Online-only) Development Plans to Be Made Clear; City plans information presentation.
May 24, 2018
* When is the best time to plant a tree?; The upside of casting shade. - by - Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg resident. (Added Pic)
* Exit Overwintering Cooper’s Hawk; Enter Frogs and Spring Birding. - by - Robert Alvo.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Summer Safety. - by - Cst Dawn Neilly, OPS.
* Backyard Camping; Roughing it at 12 years old. - by - Anna Borris.
* Photo Essay: Tiptoe Through the Music; Uke Troupe-ing in Colour for Young and old. - by - Neil Forman ( Photos ). (Added Pics)
* (Online-only) Cymbeline (July 4 to August 6); Bear and Company in Westboro and Hintonburg. - by - Eleanor Crowder.
* (Online-only) A Newswest - How To Vote; New Words for New Ontario Voters. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) A Newswest - How To Vote; New Ontario Voters should Be Prepared. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Why Westboro?; Some thoughts from the Street. - by - Kevin Doyle, Westboro resident.
* (Online-only) The Contemporary Middle East; Through the Scholarly Eyes of a Palestinian Christian. - by - Sharron Hanna.
* (Online-only) Photo Inset: Dollars for Dogs; A fun fundraiser in Andrew Hayden Park on May 27. - by - Steven Doucette, Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind (Photo).
June 28, 2018
* Letters to Newswest; Wisdom of the Ages The secret to life. By Jan Glyde, Unitarian House Resident.
* The Birds of Summer; and Nature’s clever schedule for survival. By Robert Alvo.
* Remembering Monica Freedman; Community Activist Passes. By L. Hoad HCA.
* Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic; Subsidized service reduces pet overpopulation. By Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg Resident.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Summertime fun time. By Cst Dawn Neilly, OPS.
* Science in the Night; Catch A View Of The Planets Through A Telescope. By Mark Narwa.
* Camp Anticipation; Sleeping bags, snacks and candy. By Anna Borris.
* This Paper Needs You!; Community Partners Sought. By staff.
* (Online-only) Imagining a Greener Hintonburg; Ottawa’s first community sustainability plan. By Carol Paschal, Hintonburg resident.
* (Online-only) Rosemount Library; Users deserve better. By Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D.
* (Online-only) Cymbeline in the Park; Bear & Co. present Shakespeare summer fare. By Rachel Eugster.
July 26, 2018
* Yoga in the Park (July to August); Fresh air, sunshine and peaceful exercise. - by - Devinder Kaur, Director, PranaShanti Yoga Centre.(preview version, other pic)
* Nature All Around Us; Lots of Young Birds and the End of Frog Breeding Season. - by - Robert Alvo, Conservation Biologist.
* The Perseid Meteor Shower; Nature’s Fireworks. - by - Mark Narwa.
* Rosemount Library; Users deserve better. By Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. (print version of June 28th on-line article).
* Letter to the Editor: The Other Side of the Story; Letters to Newswest. - by - Alma Cowa.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Summertime Safety Tips. - by - Dawn Neilly, OPS.
* Dog Days of Summer; Hot slides and cool basements. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Photo Essay: BREAKING NEWS; Hintonburg Rocked by Heritage Collapse. - by - Pat McLeod (photo).
* (Online-only) Photo Essay: Yoga in the Park. - by - Larry Hudon (photo) and the PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
* (Online-only) The Invisible Sponsor; 12th Annual Newswest/Hintonburg 1K Fun Run still a sweet affair. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) City Planning for What?; Important Points Ignored by Council in 65 Storey Decision. - by - Cheryl Parrott.
* (Online-only) (July 12, 2018) Tree Action Now; New Website Brings Together Local Greenspace Interests. - by - Debra Huron.
August 30, 2018
* Rosemount Library Renovations Begin; Group urges community input. - by - Barbara Clubb, R.E.A.D.
* Letter to the Editor: Carlingwood Mall Rebuild; Letters to Newswest. - by - Pat Parker.
* Healthy Heart Ideas; Study initiative seeks volunteers. - by - T. Thibeault.
* Has it Been 40 Years Already?; Newswest turns a corner. - by - Tim Thibeault.
* Cst Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Back to school. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly, OPS.
* The Harvest Moon; As the seasons turn...(coming September 24th). - by - Mark Narwa.
* Summer’s End Pyjama Party. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only): Photo Essay: Ottawa Centre M.P.’s Annual Community BBQ; Free Food and Activities a Big Draw. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) (August 23, 2018): Photo Essay: Bubbles Brings the Kids Out at Community BBQ; Newswest Editor’s secret recipe for fun. - by - Tim Thibeault (photos).
September 27, 2018
- by - ?
Sorry no info entered
October 25, 2018
- by - ?
Sorry no info entered
November 29, 2018
- by - ?
Sorry no info entered