|Click here for Older Issues|
March 15, 2018
* Look Up. Look Wa-a-ay Up!; A week to watch the sky. - by - Mark Narwa. * An Introduction to Birds and Birding; (including Cooper’s Hawks). - by - Robert Alvo, Conservation Biologist. * The End of Door to Door Sales?; New legislation fights high pressure sales tactics. - by - Security Committee, Hintonburg Community Association. * Rosemount Library Renovation; Faulty Assessment Leads to Wrong Decision. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. * Rooming Houses vs Private Home; When does a “Home” become a “Bunkhouse”? - by - HCA Security Committee. * Councillor’s Corner; City News. - by - Jeff Leiper, Kitchissippi Ward Councillor. * Federal Report; Everything you need to know for the 2018 Tax Season. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP Ottawa Centre. * OCSB Trustee’s Report; New support for outdoor learning. - by - Jeremy Wittet, OCSB Trustee, Zone 7. * Why Westboro?; Rezoning Rochester Park. - by - Gary Ludington, Westboro Community Association. * Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Springtime challenges. - by - Dawn Neilly, OPS. * Happy Birthday Judy; Party dresses and bow ties. - by - Anna Borris. * Photo Inset: Quicker than Boiling an Egg; 2 weeks of short skywatching. - by - Mark Narwa (Sky Charts). (Added Chart)
April 12, 2018
* Big Tree Culling; Cut now, pay later?. - by - Chris Jones.
* Rock, rock and more rock; Explosive construction ahead. - by - Cheryl Parrott.
* Connecting to Nature; A personal journey for anyone... - by - Robert Alvo, M.Sc., Conservation Biologis.
* Councillor’s Corner; News from City Hall. - by - Jeff Leiper, Kitchissippi Ward Councillor.
* Rumour has it... - by - staff.
* A West End Garden Legacy; Sherry Clarke’s enduring work. - by - Deb Chapman.
* Rosemount Library’s Future?; A book depot during renovations. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. Group.
* Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Rules of the road apply to all. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly, O.P.S.
* Letters to Newswest; Community design plan needed. - by - Bob Huson.
* Photo Inset: Hintonburg & Wellington Village; Spring Cleanup on April 28.. - by - staff.
* Look Out Sun Here We Come!; A close-up look at Earth’s brightest star . - by - Mark Narwa.
* Semi Formal Glamour; Clothes make the teenager. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Different Ways To Celebrate Astronomy Day; On April 21/22. - by - Mark Narwa.
* (Online-only) Hintonburg Community Sustainability Plan; a community consultation on April 24 and 25. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Impact Hours; a new volunteer website. - by - Christine Franklin.
April 26, 2018
* Cymbeline in Summer; Theatre magic in our parks (July 4 to August 5). - by - Eleanor Crowder.
* Great News for Hampton-Iona; TD Parks grant inspires new projects (June 2-16, and beyond). - by - Eileen Hun.
* Rosemount Library Gets a Band Aid; Added space is what’s needed. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D. (Added Pic)
* Wellington Village AGM; 7:00 p.m. May 15, Ottawa Bagel Shop. - by - Kimberly Patriquin, Pres., WVCA. (Added text)
* Parkdale Park takeover.; Jane’s Walk launches (with a party) on May 3. - by - Courtney Symons. (Added Text and Pics)
* Little Kids in a Big World; Adventures in distant neighbourhoods. - by - Anna Borris.
* Change is Growth; A note from Newswest’s editor. - by - Tim Thibeault, firstname.lastname@example.org .
* (Online-only) 6th Annual Borshch Cook-Off on Byron Avenue; Ukrainian Orthodox Church cooks for orphans (on May 6). - by - Olena Stetskevych.
* (Online-only) How High Can You Go?; Developer aspirations soar to new heights. - by - Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg resident.
* (Online-only) Development Plans to Be Made Clear; City plans information presentation.